Milhouse is a member of a Joint Venture Program Management Team supporting the City of Chicago Department of Water Management’s Bureau of Engineering Services. The prime consultants are CH2M, Arcadis, EXP, and Milhouse.
The Department of Water Management is currently replacing nearly 100 miles of water main each year, converting steam powered pump stations to electric powered pump stations, and upgrading various facilities throughout the distribution system. Construction work is estimated at over $150 million annually. These projects are partially supported with loans from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency State Revolving Fund.
Milhouse’s current responsibilities include:
• Applying for Illinois Environmental Protection Agency State Revolving Fund loan assistance
• Program management for facilities design and construction
• Updating and managing consultant contracts
• Water main planning, design, record keeping, and information technology
• Implementation of Geographic Information System (GIS) program
• Providing support for construction related issues
• Resident Engineering services
• Inspection of water main materials and workmanship
• Utility coordination
• Public relations duties
• Civil Engineering support
As the program moves ahead, Milhouse anticipates additional responsibilities in a variety of tasks related to civil engineering, stakeholder coordination, and database management.
Have you worked with us in the past? Let us know how we did.